Sunday, February 20, 2005

Getting Traffic To Your Website

Traffic Exchanges
Some of you may already be using traffic exchanges - also known as hit exchanges, start page exchanges, click exchanges... - to advertise your T+ business. If you don't know what a traffic exchange is then it's simply a club that you join and, in return for viewing other people's websites, your website will be visited. The logisitics vary from one exchange to another but the fundamental concept remains the same.

Traffic exchanges are free to join, so the traffic that you generate to your website is free. Of course, you will need to spend time clicking to view other peoples sites so that you can accumulate credits and have them view yours.

There are many who say that traffic exchanges don't work - and if you're new to the concept then you may find it hard to see the logic behind it. However, I can categorically state that they do work - certainly they may work more slowly than paid advertising but some of my best distributors (you know who you are) have joined T+ after having visited one of my sites on the traffic exchanges.

Normally I surf five or six traffic exchanges at once. This is a lot easier if you use a tabbed browser such as Avant browser (there are other tabbed browsers available - just pick one that you like). Have a look at Avant browser by clicking the link below:
http://www.avantbrowser.com/

For those of you who are new to traffic exchanges I have listed a few of my favourites below. If you're already using traffic exchanges but haven't joined some of these then you should definitely check them out - as I said earlier, I have recruited distributors using these.

Traffic Swarm
This is the best, and most visited, traffic exchange on the planet and you will get results if you use it. Based on my results it has a reasonable number of UK users. Hits are delivered very quickly and you can set a limit on how many credits you use every day.

I always pause my account at the weekend and allow my credits to build up. I turn it back on on Monday evening and I find this gets the best results. I also pause my account for a few weeks from time to time and allow my credits to build up before releasing them in a splurge (a campaign if you prefer) - you get a higher priority if you have a large number of credits and this can be a very effective tactic.
Click here to visit Traffic Swarm


StartXchange
I like this exchange as it rewards you for surfing by giving you referral credits even if you don't have referrals. Basically you get a proportion of the credits of those who are surfing just a little bit less than you. As you surf you can see your "rank" in the message bar. it can be quite addictive trying to get up the rankings. Hits are delivered fairly quickly.
Click here to visit StartXchange


Mystical Maze
This exchange rewards you for completing a maze which is shown every 10 surf pages. It stops you getting bored.
Click here to visit Mystical Maze


HitsUK
The clue is in the name here - it's a UK based exchange, although it does show international sites. You will probably see a few other T+ websites if you surf here.
Click here to visit HitsUK

HitAli
This exchange is run by Harry Wood a T+ distributor in our team. It delivers a steady flow of hits to your site and is nice to surf if you like an Irish theme. As you surf you will find that you regularly win random prizes and these soon mount up.

Harry also has a number of other sites that could be used to advertise your T+ business. You can investigate these once you visit HitAli.
Click here to visit HitAli

Other Traffic Exchanges
There are plenty other good traffic exchanges on the net, but the ones above should get you started. If you have a particular favourite that I've left out then just email me the details along with your referral link and I'll publish it in a future post - or leave a comment below if you prefer.

No comments: