Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Internet Advertising - The New T+ Recruiting Website

The New Distributor Recruitment Website
Have you had a look at your new Telecom plus recruiting website? If you have qualified then you will find it at the address below – just replace the last 6 digits with your own ID number. If you haven’t qualified yet then have a look at mine by clicking the link below.

http://www.telecomplus.org.uk/688609

I think this site is great – we’ve been crying out for something like this for ages. There’s a lot of information here that anyone interested in becoming a distributor will find extremely useful, and the ability to signup on line is great.

What's The Best Way To Use The New Website ?
Having said that, I won’t be using this website as my first point of contact with potential distributors. The things that make it so good for use at the back end of the prospecting process are, in my opinion, exactly the same things that would make it less effective at the front end of the cycle. It has too much information, and too much going on in general, for use where the need to get your message across quickly is essential.

Of course, once the potential distributor has established that he/she is interested, then you know that they will be prepared to take a little time digesting the wealth of information available and the new site is perfect for this type of visitor.

So for the moment at least, I’ll be sticking with my old, very simple gateway page, collecting email addresses, putting them through the autoresponder emails and then directing the interested parties to the new website somewhere at the back end of the process.

Where exactly in the process the prospect should be directed to the site I’m not 100% sure just yet. I’d be interested to know what others are trying and what success is resulting from different methods.

A Little Experiment
Last week I experimented a little. Whenever I got an email request for an information pack I responded by sending them a link to the new website. I made it clear to everyone that the website was quite new (just in case there were any teething problems) and I also told them that, if they preferred, I would send them out a “traditional “ information pack by post.

I think the results were very encouraging. I had two people come back to me and ask for an information pack to be sent out by post after they had viewed the website, one person who didn’t understand the opportunity having viewed the website and one person who has now signed up online as a distributor.

Benefits For Everyone
The whole process was much faster and cheaper than mailing out a lot of packs as I normally do. I received questions and feedback by email much more quickly. The new distributor who signed up online appeared in my Genie within 48 hours – and I am hoping that they will also receive their pack earlier than normal, allowing them to get started as soon as possible. Overall, I feel this process is much more efficient and beneficial to everyone involved :

  • Information is sent to all interested parties much more quickly.
  • You will save money on postage and get rapid feedback - which will help you focus
    your efforts where you’ll get the best return.
  • Anyone who is interested can signup online and get their new business up and running more quickly.
All things considered – everyone’s a winner. This is going to be an invaluable aid to recruiting new distributors on the internet. And it’s free!

No comments: